Another second chance

I had the time of my life with fake friends I no longer speak with
Gave up on the girl I loved because I couldn't stand myself bleeding
Made a pile of grass on my lap while talking 'bout my deepest fears
Now I'm trying to pick up the mess I am for giving away those tears
Don't know why but big storms make me feel warm
You don't know this but I just died for the sixth time this day in my thoughts
I never use the seat belt in the car, I figure that could be the reason I'm alive
I decide to risk my life every single day so I don't have to end it myself

Life gave me a second chance, but I had to take more than that to get where I am

I'll need more, I'm sure, if you really want me here
I could live or die hanging on the promises you make me
The river's current stopped here, the water became silent, still
The leaves are stuck floating over a so empty lake
Come sit with me to watch this freak show in my head
Let's dance to the desperate sounds of a hopeless mind
If you stay with me I promise I won't escape
At least I'll try

See, life gave me a second chance, but I had to take more than that to get where I am

Can't say I'm fine, that's the only rule from my mind
I've never been authentic, all I do is try
Just don't leave me if you're gonna make me come this high
I need no reason to take my chance to fly

Second chances, a thousand times
I'd give you my trust but it's broken by now.

Comentarios